Acalypha green plant
Acalypha Green Plant
Acalypha green plant is one of the most beautiful plants that can be grown in a garden. Keep reading to learn more about how to grow Acalypha green leaf plants.
Acalypha Green Plant Info
Belonging to a family of Europhorbiaceae, the green plant (Acalypha wilkesiana) a semi-evergreen shrub that comes with colorful blends of copper, green, pink, yellow, orange, and cream. Acalypha copper plant has a heart or oval shape and can grow up to 6-10 feet in height and a width of 4-8 feet, making it visually striking.
The copper leaf plant is commonly found in the South Pacific, Tropical Americas, and some parts of Central and South Florida attributing to their warm climates, and can be grown year-round.
How to Grow Acalypha green Leaf Plant
The most important thing in growing Greenleaf plants is the location. The best place to grow the plant is in full sun, although it can survive in half sun or partially shaded areas. Direct sunlight, however, makes the leaves more brightly colored. This is why it’s advisable to place it near windows or areas with plenty of sunlight if growing indoors, with temperatures above 55 F. degrees, to ensure their foliage gets a healthy blend of colors.
The best soil to grow the Acalypha copper plant is a fertile, fast-draining soil type with a soil pH of around 9.1. If the soil lacks the necessary fertility, then it can be nourished with organic nutrients like manure or compost. Eight inches of organic material is enough to make the plant grow naturally, without further attention, except for some water and exposure to the sun.
Multiple plants can be spaced approximately 3 to 5 feet apart to avoid competition for resources and ensure healthier growth.
Copper Leaf Plant Care
- Whether indoors or outdoors, growing green leaf plants in a pot or a different container works well. If growing it in a container, the first step in the care of Acalypha wilkesiana is to ensure the pot is twice the size of the plant’s root ball.
- The second part of green leaf plant care is ensuring that it has good drainage, and watering it several times in a week will ensure that.
- Mixing the soil with slow-release fertilizer supplies the nutrients the Acalypha green plant needs to grow well. Put the pot or container in a sunny or partially shaded location if growing it outdoors, or near a window with bright light inside.
- Finally, in the care of Acalypha wilkesiana, always apply some water after planting. The green plant can grow in drought-tolerant conditions but gives the best results with regular watering. Moreover, consistent watering and misting of the indoor plants creates a humid environment for them to grow and bloom, and helps establish a good root system.
- Adding fertilizer every three months helps the soil retain its nutrients.
- Pruning is also a good part of copper leaf plant care, as it helps control the size and shape of the shrub while removing diseased or damaged branches.
DETAILS CHECK :
|PLANT SIZE (excluding pot size)||1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%)|
|POT SIZE||5.5 inches in dia|
|POT COLOUR AND MATERIAL||White/ Self watering pot (can be customized as per requirement)|
Q. WHAT IS CLICKNURSERY WARRANTY ?
- Click nursery Warranty assures you that we are committed to give you the best plants and service to you with utmost satisfaction along with lifetime assistance for healthy nurturing of plants.
Q. DO I GET A LIFETIME ASSISTANCE ?
- Yes, we will provide you life time assistance for all your plant nurturing needs
Q. WHAT IF I RECEIVE DAMAGED OR WRONG PLANT ?
- Here comes Click nursery warranty ready for you. Our packaging is so robust that most of all our plants reach you in good condition but if it still reaches you either damaged or wrong product we will immediately give you a Replacement/Refund of plant in no time.
Q. WHAT IS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND SHALL I NEED TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- Premium membership customers can avail a special discount of 10% for all their orders from click nursery. To be eligible for premium membership all it requires is to place an order and sign up with clicknursery.
Q. DO I GET PLANTS ALONG WITH THE POT ?
- Yes, the plant comes with a pot included with no additional cost.
Q. WHAT IS THE SIZE OF PLANT WE GET?
- All the plants from click nursery (excluding pot height) will be of height 1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%).
Q. DO THE PLANT SIZE INCLUDE POT SIZE?
- No plant size is excluded from pot height, Pot height will be 6 inches.
Q. DOES THE PLANT I RECEIVE WILL BE EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN PICTURES?
- It's a live plant, each plant grows in its own unique branching shape and flowers according to its blooming season but plants you receive will be exactly the same plant variety with assurance
Default Size Chart
International: Insured Shipping. Delivery within 14 business days.
You'll Also Love These
₹ 349.00 ₹ 799.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 1,399.00
₹ 299.00 ₹ 599.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 699.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 799.00
₹ 8,499.00 ₹ 9,999.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 999.00
₹ 799.00 ₹ 899.00