Philodendron jose buono
Are you looking for a climber philodendron with tolerance for low light and dryness with long beautiful leaves? Let us introduce you to the Philodendron Jose Buono. The thick and velvety dark-green leaves reach a length of about 2 feet on maturity. Moreover, the white to cream splashy variegation make them look attractive enough to attract the eyes.
HOW TO GROW PHILODENDRON PLANT
The plant does well in warm temperatures and can tolerate quite some fluctuations in the higher end of the thermometer. However, the cold temperature is not its ally. Thus, make sure that you keep it in a warmer spot in the house during the cold weather and winter season.
Indoors, the ideal spot is:
- Near an east facing window. This gives it plenty of sunlight. And, the morning sun is gentle enough that it does not burn the plant’s foliage.
- If you live in a warm region and the northern window gets considerable sunlight, it will work as well.
- In the west and south, it is important to provide protection from afternoon sunlight which is intense. This is less of a problem in cooler areas. You can likewise distance the plant at least 3 or 6 feet from the window opening as long as you keep it away from the sun’s rays.
Outside, it is important to keep it under some kind of shade. It will not be able to take long periods of sun or direct sunlight.
In terms of air moisture, Philodendron Jose Buono plants are fairly tolerant. They love humidity and grow to their full potential if they have the right moisture levels in the air.
Even though these plants do not need regular watering, they love moisture in the soil as well as in the air around them. Thus, it can be concluded that they will not do well under drought-like, dry, and water-deficient conditions. Hence, it is essential that you keep them well-hydrated and do not put them under stress.
Because of the tough, leathery leaves, these plants do not die immediately under acute pressure. However, their growth does get affected in the long run if they are under constant external pressure. Thus, make sure that they are growing freely in an open space.
Disease and Pest Resistance
Even though Philodendron Jose Buono plants are fairly tough, they are not entirely resistant to diseases or pest attacks. The most common problems that these plants encounter include leaf spot, aphids, and mealybugs.
To avoid these occurrences, you must keep a regular eye on them. Inspect them regularly during grooming and make sure the plants are dry and clean. In case of such a problem, you can use commercial fungicides and insecticides to get rid of these unwanted visitors.
Philodendrons tend to go dormant in the few months of winter. They stop growing and you must not force them to grow during this period. Avoid over-watering, overfeeding, and propagating the plant during this time.
Because these plants have a very easy and simple lifestyle, they do not come under the category of high maintenance. They are very easy to maintain and are great for people who don’t have a lot of time on their hands for taking care of their plants. Beginners will also find these plants very easy to grow.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF PHILODENDRON JOSE BUONO
Philodendron Jose Buono does not require a lot of water, sunlight, or fertilizer. You can water it after a few days, fertilize it three times a year, and put this plant under low light to grow. The ideal temperature for the plant is 55 to 80 degrees Farenheight.
Interestingly, even though these plants love water, they don’t need a lot of it. You can water them thoroughly once, and then let them be until the soil dries out. Only when you feel like the top layer has dried out completely, you can water it again. However, these requirements also depend on the time of the year as well as the weather. During the warm, summer months, the plant might need more water than usual.
Prefer using a watering can that has a pointed nozzle so that you can water the plants directly into the soil and no moisture lies around on its surface.
These plants prefer moist soil that is rich in organic matter. Give it a mossy post or support that is wrapped in burlap for better growing conditions. You can grow in pots or hang them in baskets. If grown outside, they can also be great tree wraps. Just make sure that the soil is well-drained. Avoid using soil textures that are wet or sandy, and make sure that the pH of the soil remains acidic to neutral.
While they love moisture in the air around them, they don’t complain under low or moderate humidity levels either. An indoor humidifier will help you monitor the amount of humidity around the plant. However, if you don’t want to do that, you can occasionally mist the plant.
Just make sure that this water does not stay on its surface for too long as it can invite diseases and pests. Quantitatively, they require 50% or higher levels of humidity in the air.
Fertilizers are an important part of Philodendron Jose Buono care. Without it, they tend to grow very slowly and barely reach their average size. You can fertilize these philodendrons three times a year if you are using slow-release plant food. When you do, make sure to spread it at a minimum of 6 inches away from the plant’s base. However, do not use cheap or low-quality fertilizers, as they contain unpleasant, heavy salts that might kill your plant in the long term by damaging its roots.
Since these plants take their time with growth, you can repot them every 2 to 3 years or when needed. The easiest way to figure out whether you need to repot a plant is to look at its drainage holes. If you see the roots coming out of there, it means that the plant has outgrown its current container and you need to repot and shift it into a larger one.
Grooming and Mulching
You can mulch Philodendron Jose Buono if you want to store it. Place the plant in a pot and hold upright by mulching it. This will bring nutrients to the plant while it is being stored, and also make sure that it stays alive for as long as you need to figure out where you want to plant this philodendron permanently.
DETAILS CHECK :
|PLANT SIZE (excluding pot size)||1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%)|
|POT SIZE||5.5 inches in dia|
|POT COLOUR AND MATERIAL||White/ Plastic pot Ceramic finishing (can be customized as per requirement)|
Q. WHAT IS CLICKNURSERY WARRANTY ?
- Click nursery Warranty assures you that we are committed to give you the best plants and service to you with utmost satisfaction along with lifetime assistance for healthy nurturing of plants.
Q. DO I GET A LIFETIME ASSISTANCE ?
- Yes, we will provide you life time assistance for all your plant nurturing needs
Q. WHAT IF I RECEIVE DAMAGED OR WRONG PLANT ?
- Here comes Click nursery warranty ready for you. Our packaging is so robust that most of all our plants reach you in good condition but if it still reaches you either damaged or wrong product we will immediately give you a Replacement/Refund of plant in no time.
Q. WHAT IS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND SHALL I NEED TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- Premium membership customers can avail a special discount of 10% for all their orders from click nursery. To be eligible for premium membership all it requires is to place an order and sign up with clicknursery.
Q. DO I GET PLANTS ALONG WITH THE POT ?
- Yes, the plant comes with a pot included with no additional cost.
Q. WHAT IS THE SIZE OF PLANT WE GET?
- All the plants from click nursery (excluding pot height) will be of height 1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%).
Q. DO THE PLANT SIZE INCLUDE POT SIZE?
- No plant size is excluded from pot height, Pot height will be 6 inches.
Q. DOES THE PLANT I RECEIVE WILL BE EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN PICTURES?
- It's a live plant, each plant grows in its own unique branching shape and flowers according to its blooming season but plants you receive will be exactly the same plant variety with assurance
Default Size Chart
International: Insured Shipping. Delivery within 14 business days.
You'll Also Love These
₹ 12,000.00 ₹ 15,000.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 699.00
₹ 8,499.00 ₹ 9,999.00
₹ 9,000.00 ₹ 12,000.00
₹ 8,500.00 ₹ 15,000.00
₹ 1,299.00 ₹ 1,499.00